Thursday 2 May 2019

No Quinoa for me

No Quinoa for me

I relish Indian meals the Indian way.

And there are so many options to choose from that I can't look at the crop which is not even grown in India.

Quinoa comes from European Countries, and it is gluten-free.

But, neither I follow a gluten-free diet and neither I am keen on looking beyond my Indian meals.

Simply because Indian meals are whole, nutritious, and most of the food is also grown in my own region.

Indian meals are diverse, and every season you have new vegetables and fruits.

This way I will be able to get a variety of nutrients from my diet.

And, unlike western culture, we eat our grains with dal and sabji, so it is rather easy to digest.

I think we stop blindly following the western culture.

Their lifestyle, eating patterns, genes, traditions are different from us, so copying them does not make any sense.

Just know how to balance.

Overeating of anything is anyways bad.